Old 26-05-13, 07:59 PM   #1
dyzio
Mega Poster

Default Pirelli Angel GT fitted

Bike: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675,
Current mileage: 10.9k
Price: £215 fitted
Distance since fitted: a mighty 60 miles

I was always going to fit sport-touring rubber (better to have decent grip in wet/dry rather than all grip in dry and none in the wet), all reviews seem to say the same thing:
http://www.visordown.com/product-fea...iew/22626.html

I have run the previous Angel ST on my Aprilia in the past and liked them. They were hmm.. "not perfect" in the wet and durability suffered with a heavy bike (duh!), but I couldn't complain about them in the dry, never had an issue.
They were a single compound tyre and Pirelli claimed that they avoided problems associated with dual compound tyres.

The new GT's are a dual compound tyre (Italians... ). Pirelli and the reviews claim that durability and wet weather performance were improved.

Initial thoughts:
- the profile of the tyre doesn't seem to be as steep as on the ST, but turn in is ok.
- on the first part of the run, you could feel that you're scrubbing a new set of tyres in. In my experience (50k ish miles) I've never felt this to be so noticeable.
- on the second part of the trip, the tyres inspired more confidence and I could increase the cornering speed.

So, the initial thoughst are good but be sure to give them time to scrub in.
Looking forward to the future miles, I'll update this in a few weeks.
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote