View Single Post
Old 30-12-06, 02:50 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default It’s that time of year again … Renewal time …

It seems all my vehicle MOTs, Tax and Insurance come around this time of year ... being around Christmas is a killer for me bank account

Anyhoo ... got my renewal through … £172. TPFT … a bit steep I thought (32, garaged, been riding forever, never had a claim, no current penalties … help grannies cross the road …. running for being the next pope etc etc ).

I am pretty lazy so not about to ring around the world, but figured I'd try e-bike insurance as heard good things, also better than chatting round the Christmas dinner table with my relatives!! (I am sure all of you can 'feel' me there ) … £112 TPFT £150 excess … that’s more acceptable I thought!! …

Figured I’d contact my current broker to see if they could match or better e-bike … they could match it, but £400 excess … so asked them to look again £119 £150 excess … that sounds the ticket I thought …

Then the nice lady started talking dirty to me* and don’t ask me how but I ended up going fully comp at £171 … with £325xs …

Basically I wanted to have ‘ride others ppls bikes TPO’ on the policy as that is handy (and my mate has just bought a new GIXER thou ) …

I am sat here slightly stunned that I went FC and that I now have £325 xs …

What do other pillars of society like myself pay insurance wise?!?

*That’s a total fib, but made a boring insurance thread/post momentarily more interesting!!!