View Single Post
Old 30-01-18, 11:28 AM   #3
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Linear or progressive front springs?

Like Ophic says just change the Fork oil for some medium weight Fork oil usually sold as 15w.I hover around the same weight as you and the front forks on my SV are way better than on my old Honda 500s so I've no intention of changing them or the springs to date.I ride fast sometimes and also on,"Goat Track" small country roads.

The difference to my Front suspension on my Old Hondas moving from the crappy ATF that they used in the 80s to 15w fork oil made the machines corner like they were on rails and gave a fantastic feeling of security when riding.I suspect the Fork oil in my SV650 has been changed to 15w Fork oil.

As I've no complaints with their performance at the moment I'm not intending to change the Fork oil for now but by experience know when I will have to and will use 15W/Medium fork oil.It's a common cheap upgrade on the US forums

When I need to do the job I've already bought a Front paddock stand/lifter which I also use to service my Front brakes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Pro-...IAAOSwB9hZ4Nge

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 30-01-18 at 11:35 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote