View Single Post
Old 24-06-07, 07:17 PM   #3
LouLou

Default Re: Recommend me some crash bungs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessunhill View Post
I can't recommend R&G highly enough.

They may be quite expensive (compared to the others out there), but they do the job!

I came off my bike a few weeks ago (dropped it onto the left hand side at about 40mph) and the R&G bung on that side saved major damage to the bike (and to my left leg too). Details here.

I had the old style fitted, and contacted R&G about a replacement bung. They told me they no-longer carry them in stock, bet they would sell me what they call an upgrade kit (actually a complete kit) for half the normal price.

Now that's what I call customer service! I just need to wait for payday now.

Going off what I've read from other members, some of the cheaper versions, don't fare to well in a crash. Some have brackets which bend and crack fairings.

The new R&G kit is £70 plus P+P (if you order from them direct), but in my opinion it's money well spent! (The kit for the fully faired Pointys is £90 + P+P)

This is how their new kit fits on a curvey.

Their website is here
Thank you!! They look like they'd do the job...the bracket looks good too imo. I have a naked curvey and £70 seems worth it for what you get compared to other kits...glad you were ok after your spill btw