View Single Post
Old 06-09-18, 02:58 PM   #1
pwillikers

Default ABS Defeat Switch

Please eschew your impulse to harass me because I have the desire to ride without ABS from time to time.

My SV650AK8 E-03 doesn't have the facility to shut off its ABS without removing the seat to access and remove the two ABS fuses. My intent is to install an ABS on/off switch on the dash.

I have reviewed the wiring diagram and see that the "ABS Control Unit" receives power from three sources, the two aforementioned dedicated 40A and 25A ABS fuses, which I'd prefer to leave unmolested, and more interestingly, the "Fuse Box", fuse #3. Fuse #3 is shared between the "ABS Control Unit" and the "Relay Box" so I'll have to insert the "ABS on/off switch" (in the orange/yellow wire) downstream of where it splits off to the "Relay Box" as to not interfere with power supplied to the "Relay Box".

Prior to hacking into the bundled wire loom, I wanted to ask if any of you have pursued this modification and found it successful? And, hope against hope, will the existing "ABS" dash light light up if the ABS on/off switch, wired as suggested above, is in the "off" position? Wouldn't that be nice?

Thanks, Paul.

Link to wiring diagram:https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gs43MiyWHRB6DV147