View Single Post
Old 26-03-12, 12:03 PM   #7
M65

Default Re: Trackday Cameras and GPS Data Loggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
The Countour GPS does what you want I think. Its about £200 -£300 but is a more simple option if you want HD video at good frame rates plus GPS details. For non GPS I use a Drift HD for just video quality. I also use an android App on my HTC if I want data logging ... but I'm not really good enough for it to be of use TBH.
I was really quite interested in the Contour GPS but then I saw that it only had a 1Mhz refresh rate on the GPS signal. I was hoping for 5 really, ideally 10 so that on trackdays, it gives a fairly precise location setting. The video quality does look good though. What app are you using for data logging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Not track day footage, but Lone Wolf had a Contour attached to his helmet on our Welsh MTB weekend

You can watch it at 720p

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Now thats the kind of quality footage Im looking for. I think with the Contours, you can do 720p at 60fps or 1080p at 30fps cant you? Nice choices depending on riding style.