View Single Post
Old 13-06-12, 09:14 AM   #12
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1st track day booked

If it's a warm day take plenty of fluids with you. I always take a 4 pack of Lucozade sport and another bottle to fill with water. You will be amazed at how tiring it is compared to road riding (or maybe I am just unfit)

I also take with me a mini air compressor to pump the tyres back up at the end of the day. The tyre guy will usually be packed up by the end of the last novice session so wont be able to do it for you.

I also take spanners to remove the number plate and the mirrors, you don't need to do either of these but I do, mirrors are one less thing to break if its binned and you don't need them, number plate because if I crash on the way home I don't want the insurance company trying to say it was done on track.

There will be food there but it can often be expensive, rubbish, and with long queues so take a couple of sarnies as well.

If you have an Android phone, download trackmaster to log your lap times, not so you can try for the lap record but it's a great feeling to see your times dropping throughout the day.

Best thing to remember is it's not a race, just go out, enjoy yourself, and have fun.

If you are unsure of anything ask an instructor or even one of the more experienced guys on the track, the best thing about track days is that everyone is friendly and they all love talking about bikes.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote