Thread: Lego
View Single Post
Old 11-02-14, 01:50 AM   #7
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Lego

I am still a keen Lego enthusiast and have several sets and several parts purchased from either Brick Owl or Brick Link.

I tend you build fun things of my own design and build the designs available on the web too. Most recently I have built a remote controlled triple motor powered rock crawler that has working full suspension and a V-Six model motor with moving pistons. No photos yet because the batteries in the controller have gone flat because that many motors draws a lot of power, but here are a couple of the others I have built.

Drag Car with a V- eight model engine, twin electric motor drive, working steering and wheelie bars. Sadly the torque never raised the front wheels.

A tank with electrically driven tracks, model engine in the rear, torsion bar suspension on each of the road wheels and a rotating turret.

This is a view of the drive system and suspension bars.

This is my truck with crane. This had driven rear wheels, model V-10 engine and front wheel steering. The crane had mechanical rams and winch operated through a gear box run by electric motors.

Lego has moved on a lot in the last few years. I model with Technic, but you can build robots using the NTX kits. I found this video on Youtube a while back, the NTX controller is the box in the middle with two servos mounted on the side.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

I also use this book which is more like an engineering text book than a kids play book. Being almost innumerate means I struggle with the mathematics inside, but fortunately there is not much of it there, but I have built a working four speed clutch controlled gear box and found advice on building four wheel drive suspension units for my rock crawler project.

Rock crawler prototype one, four wheel drive, but no suspension on the front.

Edit:- I also have plans for a street triple, I shall see if I can knock that together for you lot to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.

Last edited by Jayneflakes; 11-02-14 at 02:30 AM.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote