Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 22-02-24, 07:11 PM   #361
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

Been struggling for motivation to get out and do some of the jobs, but today, after walking Mabel (in the rain....again ) I got out and cleared a few things off the list. Moved the mini greenhouse at the front to a sunnier spot, then sowed some stuff into pots and modules. Aubergines, cape gooseberries, and four different types of tomato. Aubergines and cape gooseberries are in the heated propagator, tomatoes are in the unheated propagator in the mini greenhouse.

I'll lift the pot of chilli seedlings out of the heated propagator soon and put them on a sunny window sill until it's warm enough to pot them on and put them in the big greenhouse.

I bought all my seed potatoes the other week; Colleen 1st early, Charlotte 2nd early, and Sunset maincrop. They're all sitting in eggboxes, chitting away on various window sills around the house.

The mixed, native species hedge I planted last year is all budding up now, and in the case of the hawthorn, has got small leaves on it. I'm keen to see what sort of growth it puts on this year, as it seems to have established very quickly.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote