View Single Post
Old 21-04-17, 11:34 AM   #4440
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Sadly the guy is the business owner so there is no manager to go to. He loves to try to put me down when he speaks to my boss.
I don't make a habit of demanding respect at work, but on this occasion I may make an exception.
Does he supply to you or the other way around? If he is the supplier I'd say take this up with your boss and say that if he pays that little attention in meetings then what service can you really expect from his company.

I apply the same rules when I'm out with friends. The mobile stays away unless I really have to take a call - then I apologise in advance and keep it brief. I'm sure a friend doesn't mind if I have to take a call from someone that is genuinely important, but just playing with your phone the whole time you are out with people is unacceptable. If Stuart does it when we are out for a meal he gets a right b011ocking unless it's something like on holiday and we are looking up where to go the next day!