View Single Post
Old 17-10-11, 10:02 PM   #2
Serdna

Default Re: Possibly another curvy build thread

To be honest mate she is looking nice as she is. You have crash bungs, lower fairings, rear hugger, exhaust already. To make it look nicer you could buy or make (instructions on here use search) an undertray to tidy up all that plastic at the back of the bike and fit slightly sleeker indicators. You can remove the grab rail on the bike to give it a sportier look.

Performance wise you might want to upgrade the break lines to braided steel lines. This will slightly improve your brakes. Really popular on here is to change the springs in the forks to aftermarket ones. I want to do this this winter. Also some rear shocks from sportsbikes will fit your SV, again do a search.

Something that tends to happen on this bike is when you ride in the rain the front wheel throws water onto the sparkplug of the front cylinder and causes the engine to misfire. It can be quite scary with the engine jumping between 325 and 650cc in the rain! I fixed this by fitting a "fender extenda" i bought on ebay.

A good idea i would suggest for you if you are interested in learning the mechanics is buy a Haynes manual and carefully step by step go through all the maintenance tasks.I don't know what your service history of the bike is like, but by 28K miles it is time to do these tasks anyway.

I'm not Polish but i ride with some Polish guys and they have told me about the polish bikers forum. It seems to be a good crowd with lots of events and meets. There is an Oxford group for sure.

If you in need of help with your bike sometime i might be able to help just send me PM.

Good luck man, you will learn lots. I have. Its an awesome bike!