View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 04:25 PM   #19
Othen

Default Re: Where to sell a K3 SV1000N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I think I'd put it on ebay just to get an idea of what the market is doing and see if there's any interest. You could put a reserve on it if you don't want to end up giving it away. I have been browsing bikes on ebay for the last few months and I get the impression that people are being cautious with their money (brexit maybe?). I saw an immaculate 1972 Yamaha YR5 (350cc pre RD, two stroke), it only had one bid in 5 days and sold for £2500 (that's a great price - for the buyer!). An immaculately renovated Honda CD175 for £2000, no bids.
I think you are right Seeker. March-May should be the best time to sell second hand bikes privately (by June all those who want a bike for the summer have bought one), but I see lots of bikes just not selling. I'm nearly always on the look out for interesting bikes at the right price and see lots not making their asking price or reserves - then being re-advertised a bit cheaper. Once the spring buying window is closed prices will slide back of course, so there is no rush.

Occasionally I monitor Suzuki B120 prices on eBay (only because I have one) and have seen the same few bikes for sale this last 6 months (admittedly at silly prices - people asking £1300 for tatty bikes just because they are 40 years old).