View Single Post
Old 25-02-15, 01:35 PM   #14
Bunkle

Default Re: Novice Friendly Track Days

I've done 3 track days so far, the first was an MSV Novice only day at Snetterton on the 300 circuit. After that day I could have easily sold my bike and given up on the whole TD thing. There were race trucks there with a couple of tyre warmer shod race prepped bikes under awnings, clearly some sort of mix up as the MSV site clearly states no warmers or slicks on Novice Only days. Apart from the one classroom session (which was bossed by a few lads who clearly knew how to ride mostly **** taking), there was very little in the way of support or guidance for the obvious novices amongst us.
My next two TDs were with No Limits and although they do offer free tuition I chose not to approach them, probably just me being the type not to want to cause a fuss and just keep my head down I just got on with the day.
I feel that before I go and do many more TDs I need to be guided, helped, taught whatever the word is, before I develop bad habits or do something daft!
The fact that I'll have an instructor with me all day helping me develop as a rider and to give me feedback that will hopefully stay with me for many TDs to follow, fills me with confidence already and I've not even done a sighting lap yet!!
On top of that there'll be suspension and tyre support for free, I promised myself that on my next TD I'd pay to get mine set up properly, so that's £40/50 saved already.
Also with my SV becoming more Supertwin spec an ACU chap to chat to will also be a bonus.
I'm looking at it this way, I could do another 3 TDs this year and be in the same place, confidence, skill wise and picking up bad habits or kidding myself thinking I'm improving when its all in my head, and be almost £300 down.
This well thought out package was almost tailor made for TD riders like me, in the very early stages of learning lines, braking, apexes, general race craft really. I for one think its £240 well spent and I'll be back on here and TDR telling anyone that'll listen what a rewarding day I had, I'll be f*cked for days afterwards but I know I'll have had a great day.

Bimbling - VZ Marauder with a 600 Bandit lump
Bunkle is offline   Reply With Quote