Thread: DIY Servicing
View Single Post
Old 10-04-07, 12:17 PM   #4
2mths

Default Re: DIY Servicing

Thanks for the comments. I will do the searching you suggest. I think you've covered pretty much my situation. I intend to keep it for at least 3 years and I'd guess on about 12k miles in that time. If over that it makes little difference to value then I'm inclined to do it myself and log everything as suggested. I've never had any intention of selling my previous bikes, but realistically I can't keep everyone I ever buy so this one is likely to go at some point and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot with a bad decision now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
I suppose it helps if you're a qualified mechanic mind, but then if your looking to setup your own company I'd guess you are, it's all about the buyers piece of mind really.
I think that legally I'm sort of a qualified bike mechanic (C&G 3890), but it's not what I do for a job and I make no claims about my knowlege or ability. The company would just be so that stamp actually meant something (ie not something like fraud which just buying a stamp and stamping it might be construed as?) rather than an actual business.

Cheers