View Single Post
Old 29-03-18, 12:32 PM   #14
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: London not to include motorcycle in it's traffic congestion strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
I was expressing a view. (Some) Pedestrians are a menace! Bring back the Green Cross Code!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
Anyone remember Tommy...?
Those deaf, dumb and (peripherally) blind kids sure surf a mean internet....

Head down, both hands in front, eyes focused on a small screen, ear plug delivered music drowning out ambient sound, its a wonder so few of them are killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
It is mainly down to drivers and riders that are paying attention that saves their lives, I have 'saved' the life of more than one pedestrian that has wandered straight into road in front of me while totally distracted by phone and music - not sure autonomous vehicles will be so understanding (especially after watching footage of Uber pedestrian fatality in Tempe, Arizona about a week ago, vehicle had time to swerve or brake or both but did neither), even after the collision it carried on - the first AV hit and run so far).
Which wasn't taken into account in the case of the cyclist who killed a pedestrian. Ok, he was 99.9% at fault for not having a brake on his fixed wheel bike, just relying on him using the rear wheel as a brake, but we don't know if the victim just stepped off the pavement whilst looking at her phone?

Pedestrians need to switch on
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote