Thread: Immigration
View Single Post
Old 03-12-21, 10:27 AM   #10
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
I am an immigrant here in Spain, and have been since before Brexit. To gain Residencia I had to prove income. And even though there is a Spanish Health system we didn’t/don’t qualify, and as part of Residencia we had to have health insurance. We don’t qualify for benefits, even though we pay tax here. And we have to carry ID.

All of the above was in place before Brexit.

I don’t blame immigrants for wanting to go to the U.K., I blame the soft touch, generous system that is in place.
when we all had EU passports all members were entitled to what their country of origin had with regards to healthcare and welfare. there were and i think still are people living in Spain and claiming UK benefits and if they need hospital treatment the UK Gov pay for it.

all it will take to break the non official migrant rule is for one of the former EU member to start getting uppity about Brits staying in their country and all hell will break loose.

i am truly thankful that my parents made the decision to come back home after emigrating to Rhodesia/South Africa.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote