View Single Post
Old 03-10-08, 12:03 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Rideout Of The Stuartyboy weekend away- new and improved

Since Stuarty's vanished, thought I'd better get the ball rolling on this. This is the same rideout as we did last year, which was absolutely ace, good roads and RUBBISH pubs but it all worked out a charm. So we should do it again. With less fire and exhausts falling off obviously.

So get voting! No real plans for accomodation yet, because we need numbers first, but the bunkhouse worked last year and seems to still have spaces. Or we could do something else. It's all good. I've put the dates as the 18th and the 25th since these were the ones we were looking at in the other thread, we can be flexible on that but we need to get a move on, I'm not doing this route in December!

Route suggested is:

"Start Kinross Services....11am
Glenfarg road
Into Perth and bypass the riverside
Head along Blairgowrie road past Scone Palace
All the way up to the turn off for Dunkeld
Head to Dunkeld for a stop chat.
Dunkeld to Blairgowrie via the butterstone road - awesome road
Blairgowrie to Glenshee
Stop at Spittal of Glenshee for refreshments
Head up to Braemar taking a left at Bridge of Gairn onto the Cockbridge Tomintoul road.

[I can do to here on my on in about 2 hours but rideouts with stops etc will slow this considerably.]

Stop at Boat of Garten or head into Aviemore. Stay over Aviemore for some flange and beer.

Day two

Aviemore to Spean Bridge. Stop for coffee blether
Spean Bridge to North Ballachuillish.

At North Ballachuillish we can peel off and go round the Kinlochleven loop which is wonderful - then join at ballachuillish.
Head from Balla toTyndrum Green well. We can stop off at a few places - Glencoe - that cool pub or the kings house.
From Green welly it's homeward bound.

We can peel off via the North Lochearn road (Easties)
or down into Calander for afternoon Scones then peel off. Dukes pass is optional. "

Eitherway - Calander or Lochearnhead can be the homeward bound stretch.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote