View Single Post
Old 14-11-18, 12:24 PM   #17
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Little bump in my van

If you have a photo of their car to show there's no damage they'd be stupid to get unnecccesary work done as they may end up paying for it out of their own pocket as they shouldn't be able to claim for it. It's their risk I guess but why go to that hassle if there's nothing to fix. Even getting a car in to fix and waiting for it back is more hassle than I'd be prepared to go to for no real reason.
If it comes to it explain to your insurance that you feel they may have been moving at the time and it would be at most a 50/50 fault unless they could prove otherwise. They'd be hard pressed to prove that without a witness too I'd have thought.
I had my wife as a witness once when I was knocked off. My solicitor friend advised that she was still a witness even though related to me. So, not independent, but a witness nonetheless. It's when Police are involved that witnesses have to be independant. If it went further with you then it woud be a civil case if it really got fought long term and your daughter is a valid witness. If she had to go to court to defend you she'd be swearing to tell the truth, so would be taken seriously as a witness.
It's unlikely to come to any of this though.
As Bibio says, it's out of your hands and may come to nothing. Sit back and wait. There's nothing more you can do.
I was convinced my guy was going to try and get money out of me, but weeks and months passed and I never heard another thing.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote