View Single Post
Old 18-04-10, 01:02 PM   #2
Preston

Default Re: Engine noise at top end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse8197 View Post
hi guys,
looking for a bit of advice again, was just off to a rally with a couple of lad when heard a tapping noise, i think its coming from the front cylinder so did a search of the threads and after reading a bit i think that the problem could be the cam chain tensioner, but woulb that cause the oil pressure light to come on and the engine cut out when i let off the revs.
thanks in advance mark

ps, its a 2000 curvy no mods but de-restricted.

no it would not mate... make sure your oil lvl is ok.. take plugs out and see what they look like.. if black and the nock IS! on the front cylinder then could be the piston rings are ****ed, piston hitting the head, small end B, could be many things.

if you have a nocking sound it could be anything mate. you would not beable to tell where it is coming from. just by hearing it close up as teh sound will travile thought he block, get your self a set of silverline mechanics stethoscopes and use that to pin point the sound will give you a better idea. can take ya CCT out and check it .. only 2 bolts holding it on. but that should adjust its self as the cam chain needs it.

if still no joy then time to get deeper in and start stripping..