View Single Post
Old 05-03-19, 10:55 AM   #47
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Sat Nav minefield!

I use my TT Rider 40 on my bicycle as well as the T100. Added a RAM mount to my Raleigh's handlebars and toggle the power switch to standby when I know I have a way to go before turning again to save battery but also carry a powerbank now just in case.

The basic Rider units are fine and I have to say that after trying the Wiggly Route feature once or twice I gave up as it took me down odd, gravel-strewn farm tracks and tiny backroads where the muddy 4x4's like to hurtle round like they're invincible. I tend to stick with the "avoid motorways" setting now which still takes you on some interesting routes that are often pretty empty.

Will hook it to my lid one day when I can be bothered to get bluetooth speakers installed but for now it's on a RAM mount up by the clocks so it's easy to very briefly glance at. Power supply is linked to switched live (the horn) and a locking Touratech mount means I don't worry at the petrol station or bikers caff that it will still be there when I get back to the bike.