View Single Post
Old 25-02-21, 09:29 AM   #9283
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
A totally trivial gripe: opening a plastic container of apple juice using only my left (non dominant) hand. The container is made of soft plastic but, when full, has sufficient rigidity to allow it to be gripped with one hand whilst the other twists the cap and breaks the seal. Since my right wrist is buggered, I have been holding containers between my knees and using my left hand to twist off the various lids, it's worked till now. The problem is that when I successfully broke the initial seal of the juice bottle it allowed the container to collapse as the air came out. Since the lid was still tight I had to keep squeezing but now the juice was starting to run down my legs. No matter what I tried I couldn't grip the body without squeezing and releasing another trickle of juice. Eventually, I gave up trying to get the cap off and used a bradawl to pierce the bottle and decanted it to another container.
Other related gripes: peeling a banana and a satsuma one handed.
I developed pain and weakness in my right wrist, very painful to move, thought it may be carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis. I read that fish oil / cod liver oil can reduce inflammation so decided to try it. I have to say that after a week my wrist was back to normal with full mobility and no pain.

These are good value https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UZANS0O/

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote