View Single Post
Old 21-05-12, 07:44 PM   #1
phatwheels

Default Curvy won't idle reliably, cuts out.

RAC saved the day, temporarily.
This happened once before but the bike recovered and i never thought owt else of it. what do you think? this is whats happening...

When pulling up at lights the bike dropped to 1k rpm and then continues to drop and cut out unless i catch it with some revs. - even if i do catch it with revs and hold it, when i set off the bike seems to choke and cuts out.

first time this happened i couldn't get it started at all, waited 10-15 mins, and wheeled it to the local bike shop where it magically started and acted like normal, they were just as baffled as me. - took it back to where i bought it and questioned the strange behaviour which i was told was down to "moisture in the engine, and once its gone it runs normally". this i took with a pinch of salt, but still it didnt happen again until now. about 2 weeks after the first incident.

wouldnt start at all again, sick n pee'd off i called out RAC - opened the bike up and found that when disconnecting the wire from the rear cyl. spark plug there is no drop in engine idle speed - he believes this cyl. is faulty in one way or another, and that it also appeared no fuel was getting to it, he blasted the jets, and the bike ran ok for 2 or 3 mins but still getting alot of mis-firing/popping. anyway it was enough to get me home.

can anyone confirm or otherwise add to this so i can explain myself clearly to the garage in the morning please?

The bike is still under warranty so i want this **** fixing up properly.