View Single Post
Old 05-01-17, 03:49 PM   #21
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Front brake caliper overhaul...

i never buy OEM pads as the are wooden and carp the rear ones tend to get brittle and fall apart. Dunlop Pads (DP Brakes) are the best i have used to date.

lost count how many callipers especially SV ones i have stripped and rebuilt. when i started i done it 'old school' not knowing any better but we learn and adapt to find out what works and bring things upto date. if people were to go by the OEM manual then they would use brake fluid for the seals which as we all know is wrong but you still get people doing this and you still get people putting copper grease where it does not belong like the back of pads for instance which is still a common practice in such places as kwik-fit and the likes as that is what the so called mechanics have been taught. you also get people pumping out pistons and cleaning it with brake cleaner thinking that they are fixing a problem, you just have to look on youtube to see that. its amazing the amount of wrong advice people are given on such places as youtube but take as gospel due to not knowing any better.

my advice is based on experience.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote