View Single Post
Old 24-04-19, 04:05 PM   #7224
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
As usual, after travelling in a confined space with other humans, I've managed to pick up a bug. Probably on the outward flight last week, when another human was coughing & spluttering away.

Not so bad its laid me up in bed, but enough to make me feel crap on the last day before the weather turns carp again. Plus I have to go into work & give a presentation, so I'm not at my best
When you find out how many times the air is passed around the cabin in an aircraft it scares the living daylights out of you - very little fresh air makes its way into the cabin during a flight, and your have to worry about engine fumes as well - and the cabin air gets very dry, which drys your mucus membranes ( sinus etc) and leaves you well open to be the host / venue of a bug party... I used to regularly fly Sydney - LA or SF and than on to East coast ( business ) 14 hours non-stop and then change planes for another 5 or 6 hours - I used to pick up all sorts of maladies even though I drank all the water I could get my hands on... Ah, happy days ( bl*0dy glad I don't do travel like that any more ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote