View Single Post
Old 19-02-12, 09:20 AM   #3597
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Havent even started my bike since Christmas
Shame on you!! Now go and sit in the corner and think about what you have (or rather haven't!!) done

Kai, the jobs something I havent done before - caring for old folk with mild dimentia. In an ideal world id be doing nurse or teacher training but thats not possible with my commitments to the kids so care work seems to be a fairly sensible next choice. The job is part caring and part activities which should be interesting. I just dont want to go back to doing admin or any other work which leaves me feeling like ive achieved nothing at the end of day.
And there are real opportunities for training and progression if I take to it as well as im hoping to. And its an added bonus that the home is about 30 metres from my house
The only downside is that when im not at work ill be at home with the kids so there will be absolutely no 'me' time. I know that sounds really selfish but the bikes always been my way of 'escaping' the responsibilities of bringing up 3 kids and given me time to 'chill'. The only riding time I can foresee is popping into town midweek and stuff, far from ideal! Such is life, I'll finally have cash in my pocket but no time to spend it