View Single Post
Old 01-02-07, 10:23 PM   #1
philh

Default Just got some Michelin Pilot Road 2's

\/ "Everybody's wearin' those kinky boots, kinky boots... kinky boots!" \/

Well, my SV is now at least. I nearly, soooo nearly went for the Met' Z6's, but the guys at Protyre (some bikers) were raving on about these new Michelins;

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/a...odeRubrique=66

"Fine" I was saying, "I know that Pilots will grip well, but they'll be down under 1mm in 2000 miles".

"Ah, not so" reply the tyre jockeys. "These use the Michelin 2CT dual compound technology. Hard in the middle, soft and gummy on the shoulders."

I checked out a few reviews and write ups. Sure enough, these new Pilot 2's report to hold up just as well if not better under milage than the Z6's, Stradas and any Bridgestone.
The whole concept seems logical too. The Z4's I just ditched still had a good 1000 miles of wear on the shoulders, but my daily motorway commute (short as it is at about 10 miles ish) had squared off the rear significantly.

So I went for the Michelins. Protyre wanted £196 for the Z6's fitted on the bike. The Pilot Road 2's set me back £203. The service at Protyre was first class. No greasy crud on the rims, calipers back properly, chain tensioned, cup of coffee.

I've done 1.3 miles on the new rubber so far. I'll keep you posted. First impressions are that they feel flippin' lush! But I guess anything would be better than my square and bald Z4's.