View Single Post
Old 13-01-19, 01:16 PM   #18
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1979 Suzuki X5 Long term rebuild

I've decided that I need to get a life. Following on from the new tail lid, I've sold my old one for a nice profit, bought another 2nd hand one & sold the "new" old one for a tidy profit, which should pay for my paint, so a nice bonus for being a Billy No Mates that sits on Ebay all of the time
Anyway, on with the plot. I have bought another shed load of bits & am not far off completion. We now have mirrors screwed onto the handlebars, new bulbs in all the right orifices, a chain & sprocket kit fitted, spark plugs & caps in the motor & rubber mounts on the side panels. I plugged all of the electrics in & found that the fuse kept blowing, so I fitted a slightly larger fuse & the regulator rectifier decided to sizzle & go up in a puff of smoke before blowing the fuse again
Electrex do a new regulator for £12, so will call them tomorrow which will hopefully sort out the problem. All I'm waiting for now are the rear brake switch, a couple of nuts & bolts & then some paint, which I'm going to get tomorrow too from BS Supplies in Stoke. This time I'm staying away from rattle cans & heading over to a friend of mine that has a decent spray gun & huge garage for me to prep & spray it properly, so watch this space! My mate is a proper stickler for perfection, so it should be right when it's done.

mister c is offline   Reply With Quote