View Single Post
Old 01-03-15, 08:16 AM   #6
Sideshow Pob

Default Re: BRNO - June 2015

Any tips you say? Go fast and don't crash!

Turn 1 - you can really push your brake marker here as when you get it wrong it wont give you heart failure. The track is so wide here that you can simply miss the apex (or hit a really late one) without any problem. I had fun over 3 days leaving this later and later.

There is a kink that you can run over the rumble strip easily and then a left and a right that can be tricky to apex correctly. I found that there are bright orange squares painted on the tyre walls that can be useful things to aim for to get the apex right especially on the right hander. Get you knee on the rumble strip but watch out for raised kerbs.

Quite steep down hill but flattens out into the braking area and a double right that can be treated as 1 just about. The next long left was my favourite corner but very tricky to get right. Again use the inside rumble strip and the outside as you exit and a quick blast before a dab on the brakes into another left/right.

Downhill again and into the hairpin at the bottom of the circuit. You can see this corner easily so not difficult to get right but the next few are tricky.

Out of the hairpin you actually dip downhill a little and then it starts to rise sharply. The following left/right chicane is tricky and really important. Watch the high kerbs and work on your positioning to get a good drive out of the right hander that exits onto 'horsepower hill'

Head down, pin the throttle and watch all the BMW's power past you up the hill. I was on a CBR1000RR and they still came past! 40 more bhp really shows here. But you can try to out brake them at the top of the hill into the final left/right combination. It's flat here so watch the highside opportunity but also you need to get good drive onto the long start finish straight.

And over the line...

Hope that helps a bit, but enjoy it as it really is excellent. The track is very wide so like I said for the first corner actually applies everywhere, you have so much track width you can make mistakes and not be heading for a gravel trap.
Sideshow Pob is offline   Reply With Quote