Thread: Tourists
View Single Post
Old 20-12-05, 05:51 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Tourists

Have you noticed (*drops voice to conspiratorial whisper*) that we've been getting a lot of Southern visitors on the Pennine Massive forum recently?

I suppose 'twas ever thus, as they seek out water, decent food, proper beer, open spaces, fresh air, good neighbours etc - and really I don't mind that, although a bit of notice of a visit would give us time to get the best china out and throw a couple of fresh Eccles Cakes in th'Aga. I actually quite like your Southerner (although I couldn't eat a whole one), as long as they don't try to change things (eg our beer and our chips) or steal our women.
(We'll let them off Tara as her position is that she is working as an undercover Northern Missionary in Crowthorne)

As it's Christmas, I think it would be quite neighbourly of us to drop in on their fora too (that's the plural of "forum" in case Scoobs is reading this) - in fact, I'm off later tonight to visit the Selkent site. If you decide to follow my example, just make sure you write very slowly and in a loud voice - they'll understand you better.

I'll let you know how friendly the natives are.

(PS: You don't suppose they'll expect food parcels do you?)