View Single Post
Old 15-04-19, 09:39 AM   #1
Othen

Default Back on the road!

The little K6 project I started in February is complete (well, for the time being, project bikes are never really finished), to I taxed it yesterday and took it out for a quick spin to get some gas and blow the cobwebs away.
I was really pleased with the motor, gearbox and handling: for a 134,000 mile bike it rides really well and has very good performance, in fact if I didn’t know better I’d say it feels like a 40,000 mile bike.
I noticed one gremlin when I got back last eve: the rear brake was a little hot and had obviously been dragging a bit. As I wheeled the bike around this morn I noticed it was still not right, so I stripped down the slave cylinder to find the piston seals were in a very poor state. I found a bag of new ones in the spares box that came with the bike (so I suspect the previous owner had been aware of the problem but not got round to fixing it) and changed both the rubbers. Half an hour later the brake is bled, and efficiency is fully restored.
I like the SV as a project bike, it is (on the whole) very easy to work on and bits are cheap and plentiful (especially if I find them in the spares box for free!).
Here is a photo of the completed bike, I think it looks quite nice:

... and from the other side:

It is a lovely day here, so I’m looking forward to another spin on the SV this afternoon, with the added advantage of all 3 brakes working properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Othen; 15-04-19 at 10:03 AM.