Thread: Hi, Newbie here
View Single Post
Old 30-07-18, 09:19 AM   #7
Dj liss

Default Re: Hi, Newbie here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Hello, welcome and congratulations on passing your test. I live in Cleethorpes but I'm old, grumpy and prefer to ride alone (I think the word is asocial). However, if you take a ride to Willingham Woods (Market Rasen), you'll find a number of Gy/Clee riders there judging by the way they fly past me on the Louth road - they're usually on their second tea by the time I arrive. To be fair to them, the local bicycle club sent me a letter asking me to increase my speed since I'm holding them up

Bike night at Willingham is on a Wednesday, Sundays are very busy but there are usually some bikes there most days in the summer. Coincidentally, I was sat at a table at this Wednesday's bike night with a (young) rider who owned a blue, fully faired (fairinged?), pointy - the SV is not a common site at Willingham, although there was also a naked, yellow pointy with twin headlamps that night.
Thanks, I'm getting old (35) and can be pretty grumpy at times (the word they use for me at work is c*%t).

I've been to the woods a couple of times on my RS125 but haven't been on my SV yet, was going to go yesterday but the weather was poo, really poo, so didn't bother. I'm on call this week so probably wont get out (unless my bagster tail bag comes and my laptop fits in it, anyone know if EE 4G works at willy woods lol). I suppose it wouldn't take long to get back to Grimsby if i did get a call though!!
Dj liss is offline   Reply With Quote