View Single Post
Old 27-03-08, 07:32 PM   #1
Stig

Default Headlights keep blowing

This one puzzles me. I have an idea what the issue is but am looking for clarification.

I keep blowing my headlights. When the headlight blows I am forced to use the main beam. It's not long when this blows as well. The sidelight bulb however never blows. When I say it blows, the elements are broken.

I originally thought it was the wiring block as I know there were dodgy connectors in there. But I have now withdrew the wires from the block and soldered the wires direct to each other, in effect I have by-passed the block.

I then wondered about vibration but this is not the cause. It started on my twin fighter lights (blowing both bulbs) and has carried on with the new headlight I have now. I know it is not the wiring as when changing from the old lights to the new, all the connections in the headlight have been done again. New solder, good connections and proper heat shrink wraps used.

As I said, I have an idea what the issue is but will wait to see if people back up my thoughts before stating what I think it is. I can do without those that second guess and jump on the bandwagon and agree with what someone else says just because that other person seems to know what he/she is talking about.

So after that, is there anyone out there going to step up and give a considered and knowledgeable suggestion ?