View Single Post
Old 31-05-09, 07:41 PM   #105
jtsailjt

Default Re: TPS Adjustment Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Beetle View Post
The 6 hole dealer mode plug on the K7 is a white plug with a black rubber cap. It is situated between the front seat and the pillion seat. If you get a torch and look down the pillion seat you should be able to see it. Jtsailjt, let me know if you still have problems locating it and I will put a pic up for you.
I found the *%$^& thing...finally! Mine is an '07 ABS bike and apparently that makes a difference too as far as the location of the plug. It's apparently the same little white 6 hole plug but it's on the right side of the bike at the junction of the front of the seat and the bottom/back of the fuel tank. It works the same and I just finished adjusting my TPS downward. It was originally set at about 2400 and I was able to lower it to about 1550 and it does seem to help a lot with the jerking at low RPM's. I appreciate the offer of the help/picture though, but apparently the ABS bikes are unique in this respect.

In case there are other ABS bike owners out there who want to do this adjustment but are tearing their hair out looking for that darn plug under the seat, the thread where I found the info was on SVRider.com in a thread entitled.......TPS mod on ABS model, different Dealer connector?!?

As it turns out, the connector is the same, just in a different location.