View Single Post
Old 08-06-19, 09:58 AM   #17
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone tried EBC "V" Semi-Sintered Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
No ABS, but out of interest how much do you find it helps, I mean cutting in when otherwise you'd have slid? My last few slithers on icy roads were the rear spinning rather than on the brakes.
IMHO ABS is more important on a bike than on a 4 wheeler ( although some purists may not want it ), it has saved me a few time when hitting banding while braking on damp roads or the odd inexplicably slippy patch while braking ( could have been diesel), and stopping front tyre skidding, which could well have resulted in an off. It is reassuring to know you can grab a handful of brakes without thinking about consequences, but then again maybe it can make you a bit lazy about monitoring the surface - all I know is that I would not go back now.

I have been to Scotland many times and one thing I did notice is that your roads are in general quite a bit grippier than ours in England, noticed the same in Wales, they seem to have better roads than England.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 08-06-19 at 10:00 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote