View Single Post
Old 24-07-20, 06:50 AM   #44
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: 110 miles on MT09SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I think part of the issue is also Seeker comparing the experience of riding a bike that can cope with heavier riders (the MT09SP) to the SV, that most people find under sprung, but by some fluke he happens to actually be the perfect weight for.

It seems strange (to me) that something as important as setting the bike for the rider's size and weight is not part of the pre-delivery inspection on a new bike. I suppose we have only just around to offering different seats for shorter/taller riders so mustn't rush these things
Maybe bike specifications should declare the weight range that its adjustment will allow, outside of that range it will require modification.

All my life I've been fanatical about keeping my weight under control because I have a sweet tooth and, at 5'6, every doughnut shows. I never imagined being too light would be an issue.

Remember the "head versus heart" thread? I bought the Kawasaki H1F as a "heart" purchase and this MT09SP as a "head" purchase. What it shows is that I'm useless at picking out bikes.
(with the exception of the SV that is )