View Single Post
Old 24-07-20, 07:58 AM   #46
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: 110 miles on MT09SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Amen to that. Personally, I think I'm happier for having virtually zero adjustability on a bike's suspension.
Yup, my stock SV suspension is way better than I am, sum total of my suspension 'tuning' is to replace fork oil with 10 weight to soften the ride a bit. Stock suspension set up for highly variable roads rather than track racing is always gonna be a compromise 'jack of all trades'.

Years ago somebody asked me if they should get a British or Jap motorbike, I just said if you have an account with an oil company and AA Relay membership and enjoy being in your garage fixing bikes, get a Brit bike - but if you like trouble-free riding get a Jap one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
All my life I've been fanatical about keeping my weight under control because I have a sweet tooth and, at 5'6, every doughnut shows. I never imagined being too light would be an issue.
In a world of increasingly obese people the ones who watch their weight are becoming rarer - while waiting outside Tesco for my wife ( only one of us went into store at a time during lockdown ) I am shocked at the number of basically reaaaaaally fat people waddling along in the queue ( I would like to know if the 2 metre safe distance is measured from tip of nose or front of belly ) - your bike may have been designed for one of them, but I doubt any of them could lift a leg high enough to get on and off the bike...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 24-07-20 at 08:12 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote