View Single Post
Old 04-12-07, 12:15 PM   #59
weazelz

Default Re: Track day conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Ok so to summarise my thoughts - in the FAST group - If you don't accept the risk, don't do it.
this is the crux of it really. the risk is markedly different with people playing by the rules vs. not playing by the rules. I don't understand why you think that people should have to put up with the increased risk of people not observing the *safety* rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
But Advanced is exactly that: Advanced. Fast. Nutter. Whatever you want to call it.
Advanced - yes. Fast - yes. Nutter - no

Quote:
Noone should expect to be punted off, but by the nature of the activity and the position you put yourself in by being in that group, you have to accept it is a possibility. Every trackday I've been on, there has been incidents; some isolated, some two or more bikes … law of averages says one day you may get tangled up in one, even if it was someone elses mistake!
that's fine. but with people not observing the rules then the law of averages starts getting weighted

Quote:
Back to the fast group - experienced riders should also be capable of taking evasive action if someone comes under them. It's not hard to pick your bike up. It mucks your corner, but so what?
do you really think it's acceptable to stuff it under someone such that they have to pick their bike up?

Quote:
Trackdays are one of the last bastions where we can let our hair down on a bike (legally) … if we demand a nanny state, sooner or later we will get one. If going fast in a fast group is unacceptable to some - I think those that moan should **** or get off the pot ...
you can stil have a good time within the rules. the rules are hardly 'nanny state' - they are risk-limiting to a certain level. if you find them limiting then go racing

I wish we could get an opinion from one of the trackday companies on this - I have an inkling which side they'd come down on