View Single Post
Old 13-11-09, 10:12 AM   #10
Tiger 55

Default Re: GM3 26th -27th June 2010 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
please use this thread for ideas etc etc and attendees
1) Breakdown cover is a good idea.

Can we leave it there? There are some other trifling details to finalise, like where we're going to have it.

I'm throwing Immervoulin in. 9 miles north of Callander, just outside Strathyre. They've got space for 60 tents and all the washing, shopping and food prepping areas you could wish for. It's wigwam free zone, which is disappointing, but there are B&Bs nearby and, crucially, a public house where Stuartyboy can dance and Sally can make a lot of noise.

I'm thinking we head north for the rideout and end up back there with the nearby Duke's Pass still to be done. That way peeps who want more more more can go do it and thems as want a sit down can stack it and head for the showers. This (I'm theorising wildly) might allow the timings to go to complete rat**** without leaving us in the middle of nowhere, thus allowing us to plan a longer ride in the first place. It also removes the Glasgow M8 filtering GP for Lowlanders/Sassenachs/Jonny Foreigner and means MBK doesn't have to cross the Kingston Bridge.

Look, they've even got a picture of a motorbike on their website, so they must love us.

Anyway, just an idea.

Last edited by Tiger 55; 13-11-09 at 10:20 AM.