View Single Post
Old 31-10-18, 09:04 AM   #19
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Back on a bike after 16 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazy View Post
As for lights as soon as I switche the egnition is on the lights are on no way to turn them off.

Normal incandescent bulb motorbike lights not really that noticeable in daylight, the LED have advantage that even a pair of 3 watt DRL are more towards the blue end of spectrum and a lot more eye-catching than the average 55 watt filament bulb ( normal good filament bulb is around 4000 to 4500 K, LED will be 6000 to 6500K ) - first thing I did when I got my 2016 AL7 was to fit a couple of 10 watt LED spotlights on the handlebars ( used the mirror mounting bolts ) - I feel a lot more confident that I am visible now, even in cagers rear view mirrors ( if they can be bothered to use them). Take a look at the rich old farts BMW 1200GS or similar with DRL and see how eye catching they are.

You can get LED H4 bulbs, we have these in our cars and also in my AL7, they are much more noticeable than the more yellow light from a filament.

link below is for a pair, they do sell same bulb as a single bulbs for around £40

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...=8239030763615

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote