View Single Post
Old 25-10-15, 08:04 PM   #5
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: MotoGP - contains spoilers.

I think it's just a case of two extremely talented riders putting it on the line to beat each other in a race, which is exactly what we want. They had both exchanged some pretty tough overtakes on each other and this was clearly frustrating Rossi as he could see his team mate getting away. He saw an opportunity to run Marquez wide, hopefully across the astra turf, which would have allowed him to make a break for it, so he went for it. Than in itself isn't very sporting, but it wasn't exactly dangerous. In the slow-mo you can see Rossi looking straight at Marquez and his forks moving as he moderates his throttle to stay alongside him. Marquez then deliberately turns into Rossi in an effort to force him up, they collide, and Marquez comes off. I've been on both sides of that move and I've never seen the rider on the outside win.... Marquez really should have known better.

My view is to tell them both to grow up, lets go racing in Spain, and lets put Rossi and Marquez next to each other on the grid, I don't particularly care at which end. It's going to be brilliant!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote