View Single Post
Old 07-10-17, 10:02 AM   #5
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bargain Alerts Thread!!!

Absolutely.I've been using RedX and similar for over 40 years in vehicles.I always have good MPG/Performance so it pays for itself.
Fuel systems,just like clutches etc,degrade overtime slowly so it's hard to notice their lowering inefficiency.

Check out this video,

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

and every Spring I see many Bikers on forums having problems when they come to start up their"Winterized" bikes as the fuel can go stale.RedX or similar fuel additives can prevent this and do no harm.

In the,"Old Days" on my Norton Dominator 500 I used to put a slug of RedX down the Spark plug holes and spin the engine but not start it and leave overnight.Then in the morning it would chuck a S*it load of carbon out of the cans as it cleaned to tops of the pistons and heads as a liquid de-coke.I wouldn't do that on my SV though as it's a young engine(Just shy of 20k miles now) even though it's a 1999 model.Redx can prevent this carbon build up as well

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 07-10-17 at 10:07 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote