View Single Post
Old 13-10-14, 02:44 PM   #66
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pilot Road 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Erm so what do I order then? The 3 or 4
its still a bit early to tell but my thoughts so far are that the PR3 would be an ideal winter tyre while the PR4 seems to be a bit more suited to wet/dry summer as judging by the heat generated in the PR4 is seems a bit colder to the touch that what i remember the PR3 being. the PR4 is slightly quicker at dropping in than the PR3.

i have not ragged the PR4 yet as i was still getting used to the new profile plus it autumn with wet leaves and farmer muck all over the place and i have a 1/2 worn PR3 on the front.

the PR3 is a superb tyre and i would say that if you have never had one then you would be amazed at the PR4. all the drama i had on my 180 miles bimble was due to scrubbing in but once the parts that were scrubbed in gave no drama afterwords.

i'm not going to stick my neck out yet as to how good it is till i have put more miles on it but so far so good and i'm liking it.

the rider behind me when i was out actually seen the rear stepping out on a few occasions, yes i felt it but it was a nice gentle/controllable stepping out with no cause for alarm unlike the PR2 which would give no warning then let go then grip again. the PR4 just puts you onto a nice gentle slide and lets you ride through it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote