View Single Post
Old 16-10-16, 05:38 PM   #1
jagryan85

Default Hi New Member Just Bought an SV

Just purchased a 2001 Y reg SV650S after 15 years of riding a scooter! I just passed my bike test last week from doing a DAC at Marriott's in Birkenhead. I Passed my car licence at 17 some 15 years ago and as can be told by my username I am into my Jags too. Currently got a V8 S-Type which is my other baby! Trained on a Kawasaki Er6n which I really liked riding but I have always wanted a bandit. Sold my scooter of 8 years, a Peugeot Speedfight which has served me exceptionally well over the years. Found myself an impulse buy on auto trader, SV650S £500 spares or repairs no MOT. First proper bike. Seller claimed it had been knocked over in a supermarket carpark and suffered minor damage. Damage was to bubble screen, bent gear peg but I bent it back, bent clutch lever, numberplate surround. Tyres were down to limits and the brake pads need changing. Fitted secondhand clutch lever, just waiting on bubble screen new led brake/tail bulbs, pillion grab handle and a few other bits before I can send it in for MOT. Think what stopped a lot of damage was the sticky out pegs what look aftermarket - I'm in two minds whether to keep them on or remove them! I'm after some advice about what to do about the number plate holder, as there doesn't seem to be one! The plate was just screwed on and no plate light either. I will put up some pics.

Anyway, call me Ryan, I'm from the lower (better half) of the Wirral.

Some pics

Last edited by jagryan85; 16-10-16 at 05:43 PM.