View Single Post
Old 27-02-17, 08:41 PM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Van test drive day

I had a caddy as a company van a few years back and it was by far the nicest van I've driven, after leaving that job I down sized my transit and bought one as I only carry tools now. Custom racked you can get a lot of gear in the back and I can get about 20 odd 8ft timbers in it with the bulkhead out, but you can get the bolt on roof rails cheap and clip on roof bars so you don't have to deal with wind noise from permanent roof rack.

I have the older 2k 1.9 tdi as I wanted a specific model. It weighs nothing so pretty pokey in a traffic light gp and easily hits a ton when loaded up, **** hot on fuel too, been considered getting it remapped but cant make up my mind. Not had a bike in it yet but the tape measure says its doable without the bulkhead. There's a guy on here that's also on the caddy2k forum who gets his track R6 in the back of him.

I'm not 100% if it was rectified but the 1.6's had a water pump problem, they commonly detonated around the 70k mark but I'm not sure if this was a sudden failure or prolonged. From my experience water pumps tend to start grinding before they detonate. Probably been sorted now, this was about the 61 plate age.

I had a brand new partner van when working away a few weeks back, there's no comparison IMO.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 27-02-17 at 08:53 PM.
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote