View Single Post
Old 02-09-09, 07:40 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default AR10 - Your Proposals

Ladles and Jelly spoons...lend me your ears. I may even give em back later.

Firstly how good was AR this year? Ace eh?

Hands up all those who had a good time.

So...let’s think about next year already, you all know you wanna!

What we're after is your basic proposal for your location for the Org to consider, digest, moan about and generally get involved in.

Do you think your area has some astounding roads?

Think you have a campsite that can compete with what we had this year?

Think you can order sunshine like Messie did this year?

Well come on then, lets hear it!

Heres a few things that we've had a previous AR's so if you're not sure what makes for a successful AR, have a read of these and see if that helps you come up with a bid / proposal

1. Campsite with proper Toilet & Shower Block

2. Shop on site or one within walking distance that sells food & drink

3. Rideout route, planned, reccie'd with dedicated markers, with suitable petrol stops and breaks and a lunch stop.

4. Cost - Cheaper is better as a lower cost makes the weekend more accessable, but (theres always one isn't there) dont sacrifice facilities in order to make the weekend cheaper. A site with decent, clean toilets and showers for £7.50 a night is going to be better than a site with a hole in the ground for a toilet and a bucket with some holes drilled in it for a shower that costs £5 a night.

5. Whilst you are thinking about payment, it should be made on arrival and no pre booking or pre payments.

6. And please remember that AR is a non-profit making event.

Others years have included some of or all of the following. You might want to think about how you could deliver these as well.

1. Covered area for shelter if the weather is sh*te

2. Pub on site

3. Focal point, (Hog roast, BBQ, Fire etc etc )

4. Tea / Coffee point / use of a kettle

5. Somewhere to get breakfast

6. The option to purchase a "Goodie Bag", An Org logo'd sidestand puck, or a T-shirt.

7. Photos taken during the ride itself.

Finally.....PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CHAT FREE AND FOR PROPOSALS ONLY. IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS ANYONES PROPOSALS PLEASE DO SO ON THE AR10 CHAT THREAD. ANYTHING FOUND IN HERE THATS NOT A PROPOSAL WILL BE MOVED.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote