View Single Post
Old 12-10-17, 09:46 AM   #1
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Cost effective garage or shed alarm

If you want a very cost effective garage alarm try one of these (you can set it to a proper siren that screams until you hit the off button on the receiver or just a normal doorbell 'ding-dong, ding-dong' - the receiver has flashing LED lights when triggered - I guess so you can find it easily in the dark to turn it off LOL, but may also be for deaf people). I have rigged one up with two sensors inside garage and receiver by our bedroom. Can be operated off batteries or plug in mains power supply (if you look at bottom left of webpage 'frequently bought together' it shows power supply as an extra) I have the receiver power supply plugged into a timer in the house so it only operates between 10pm and 7am, once you have 'paired' up the sensors and receivers you can take power off receiver and it does not forget the pairing. I put the sensors where they are not really visible and covered the flashing blue LED that shows they have been activated with tape. The sensors need 3xAAA batteries ( I got some rechargeable Panasonic infinium low self discharge ones which hold a charge for 12 months +, but any good alkaline battery will do because passive PIR take hardly any current) - if you don't get power supply with receiver it takes 3xC size alkaline. (have to remove batteries before you plug it into mains otherwise batteries liable to explode, I got the power supply so I could put it on a timer, otherwise if using batteries you have to keep remembering to turn it off when you go into garage LOL)

If you look on 1Byone site in detail you can get a remote fob as well, to arm and disarm the receiver alarm, but read the reviews first as I got the impression it does not always work (whether that is due to 'operator error' or limited range I don't know).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RCW8Q...=safew-21&th=1

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote