View Single Post
Old 16-07-18, 09:39 AM   #1390
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Yeah it's a headlight kit. You get different grades of sand paper plus a compound that you mop on.
Yeah well spotted
About once a month I treat my car and bike headlights with AutoGlym super resin polish. The surface of plastic degrades through UV and atmospheric pollution, if you can clean it off (gently) and leave a wax film behind (like suntan cream for the plastic) if seems to obviate the need to take an angle grinder to them later on. Once the OEM UV protection layer is removed they seem to degrade more quickly (like when you pressure was the patio slabs the moss and lichen comes back more quickly because you have destroyed the surface).

Funny how people will wax and polish their cars paintwork but ignore headlight plastic until it clouds over... (being lazy in the car cleaning area I had dealer applied paint protection and every time it rains it cleans the car, the only bit I have ever cleaned regularly is the headlights - and it seems to work). I did a family members car with Fenwicks caravan window cream and it removed the cloudiness very well with just a cotton cloth and the cream.

The AutoGlym super resin polish is also great for keeping UPVC ( or PCV-U ) window frames in great shape, just once a year is all it needs.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 16-07-18 at 09:46 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote