View Single Post
Old 12-07-17, 12:35 PM   #204
svbmx

Default Re: SVBMX Build Thread

So... I decided to get an updated quote from my local powder coater now i had all the parts made and ready to go. This time i sent a few photos along with a better description of parts and material. Unfortunately my powder coat guy has now decided that he feels he wouldn't be able to get a good enough colour match and finish that he'd be happy with. Also, now he feels that the 18 gauge aluminium wouldn't hold up too well when baked, says the metal may deform.

Basically, i now have to rethink what I'm gonna do! The obvious next step would be to get it painted but its likely to cost around £300 and that's an amount i can't afford right now. Plus this whole fairing project was meant to be done on the cheap incase i wasn't happy with the end result!

So far its cost 40 quid all in.

I'm quite liking the bare metal TBH but as it stands it doesn't quite work with the current tank/cowl colour scheme. But maybe i can add some kinda vinyl livery to make it work with the rest of the bike. Perhaps some matching (or as close to matching) blue stripes on the fairing and change the whites stripes on the tank to a brushed aluminium style... a colour opposites kinda thing. Maybe!

Any suggestions?