View Single Post
Old 31-03-20, 01:27 PM   #11
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: Same same slightly different - Tyres

Thanks for the input gents.

Red Herring, no offence taken. Yeah I know any tyre would do, and yes I know I'm not setting the world alight, but I'm not hanging around either.
As it's been dark, wet and cold since Oct, I gave up ridding my "fun" work commute down winding country lanes.
I tried the route a couple of times on the GSXR, but the combined new bike, more power, dark, icy, wet, gravel strewn twisty country roads with no street lights scared the **** out of me.

However summer is approaching, and I'm bored ****less of the A120 and A10 combo, to the point my speed is creeping up again. Something I'd like to stop. So I fancy going back to said winding route.

What I was kind of after, was personal insight.
Had anyone tried a tyre for summer fun and was blown away by the grip.
Had anyone tired one and though, nah i'm not buying that **** again, it breaks traction as the slightest input.

I've never had great confidence in the corners, something I'd put down to the SV's shoddy suspension as I often felt the front tyre slip when it really shouldn't have.
The GSXR loves corners, I'd just like to improve my confidence to enjoy them too. And no I'll never be a knee down rider.

I wish I was, but I also wish I could pull massive wheelies too.