View Single Post
Old 22-11-20, 12:02 PM   #18
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Same same slightly different - Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
If it helps I've used Avon Storms 1 , 2 and the latest (forget it's name but I've put a review up on this site I think) on the track and been side by side with trackbikes.

I've also toured on them all weathers and use them for day to day. I've done a track day on a cold, wet November Saturday and kept it upright (just!).

The originals used to last less than 4k both front and back, the new dual compound ones last so much better but are still very sticky. They're sticky to the touch and get snot bubbles like a race tyre on the sides, which I think is testament to their stickiness...at least I hope!
Had Avon Storm 3D fitted in March this year and more than happy with them. Local tyre place had a 'pair' deal for £152 ( run by a guy who rides a 1290 KTM Superduke, it is apparently his 'tyre testing bike' - at least as far as HMRC are concerned LOL ).

As said above give you great confidence and if they last a long time that is a bonus. Being dual compound for that price is amazing.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote